Top 10 Ways to Stay Fit With Your Pup at Home
Even though we’re all cooped up right now, it’s more important than ever to stay active to keep your body and mind healthy. Now you may be wondering, “How can I stay active – and keep my dog active – and still practice ‘shelter-in-place’”?
Your Whistle friends have answers. We polled our co-workers, our customers, and their pets, and here’s our Top 10 round-up of our best dog + pet parent activities:
- Hide & Go Seek – A game that needs no explanation.
- Tug-o-War – Grab your pet’s favorite toy and go!
- Fetch – A long hallway will do the trick.
- A neighborhood walk/run – Just be sure to practice social distancing.
- Obstacle course – Use objects you already have at home, including cardboard boxes & ottomans.
- Upstairs, downstairs – Just jog up and down the stairs with your pet.
- Squat & throw – With your dog’s toy in hand, squat down, then jump up as you throw the toy behind your head. When they return, that’s one rep.
- Dog piggyback push-ups – With your dog on your back, try to do as many push-ups as you can.
- High-paw knees – Do high-knees back and forth across a room or outdoor space, and invite your pup to walk or jog beside you. You get your steps and so do they!
- Dog Yoga – Who needs Goat Yoga? Practice the art of yoga with your pup. It’s called “Downward Dog” for a reason.
Staying on top of your pet’s activity minutes will ensure that you and your dog come out of this quarantine state stronger.
We’d love to hear how you’re getting your dog’s exercise in? Use #TogetherWithWhistle and let us know!
Remember, when you enter your dog’s age, weight, and breed, your Whistle app can help you keep track of how many minutes of daily activity your dog needs to maintain a healthy weight.