Connect with other dog owners on new Whistle Community
Dogs are social creatures by nature and always seek ways to get up-close-and-personal with others. We know that pet parents are also pack animals at heart, which is why we are pleased to introduce the beta version of Whistle Community. This brand new set of social features will make it easy and fun for our rapidly growing community of dog lovers to connect with one another. Community also makes it simple to track your pet’s health trends as compared with similar dogs, share tips and ask questions with other Whistle users, and even brag a little about your exceptional pooch. As of today, Community is available in the updated Whistle iOS and Android apps! Use these features to find and connect with other Whistle users like you. You may discover a new training tip, a nearby dog-friendly hiking trail, and new friendly dogs to follow – because who can’t use a few more cute animals in their daily life? Over the next few weeks, we’ll share our favorite pro tips via email to help you get the most from our newest addition to the Whistle experience. We’re thrilled to share this new tool with you and can’t wait to see how this clever and engaged community puts it to use!
- Community Board: gives Whistle users a central communication hub for the entire Whistle Community.
- Friends Feed: allows you to share your dog’s highlights with everyone who follows your dog and gives you a glimpse into the lives of the dogs you follow in return. This is also where you will be able to find Duke, our Chief Dog Officer, to keep up on his latest adventures.
- *To view the Friends Feed, tap on the menu in the upper left corner and select “Community Board” and make sure the FRIENDS selection is highlighted. There you will see daily goal streaks, activity updates, photos and notes from the dogs you follow in Whistle.*
- Public Feed: the portion of the community board that is visible to everyone on Whistle. This is where the entire Whistle community comes together to post photos, share stories or tips and connect with new friends.
- *To post to the Public Feed, go to the Community Board as described above and select PUBLIC. Tap the “+” at the bottom of the screen to publish a new public post to the Whistle community. You can also post content directly from your dog’s timeline into the public feed by selecting “Public” from the drop-down menu at the bottom right of any new highlight.*
- Your Dog’s Profile: Community showcases a summary of activity trends while providing comparable stats of how your pup measures up to both other dog’s you follow and similar dogs.
- Note: While your dog’s profile is viewable by anyone in the community, only your dog’s owners can view your dog’s timeline.
- Your Profile: For the first time, Whistle users now have a separate profile. Use your profile to view the dogs you own and follow along with your list of friends on Whistle. >
There are two ways you can find and connect with friends in Whistle.
- Invite friends and family to follow your dog in Whistle: Use the search bar to invite them via Facebook, Twitter or through your contacts. Note: In order to follow new dogs, you first need to request to be friends with their owner.
- Other Whistle users: Tap the search icon and type in a name or email of a Whistle user in the search bar. Once you become friends, you will be able to follow each other’s dog(s).
As always, we want to hear what you think. Let us know how we can improve your overall experience. Drop us a line to share your thoughts by emailing email@example.com.
The Whistle Team
Jul 27, 2015