Over 10,000 sold and 3,000 devices donated to charity!
Always know where your best friend is.
WhistleGPS is the smallest, longest-lasting and most affordable pet location and activity monitor available. Know where your dog is and see their daily adventures directly on your phone.
Track your pet's location and activity.
Get insight into your dog's day.
WhistleGPS syncs automatically with your phone and alerts you to changes in activity levels. The app shows you where they are, who they're with, and what they're up to each day. So, even if your pup decides to go exploring on their own, you'll always have a way to find them.
Pre-order your WhistleGPS before the sale ends.
Want to see more of Walter's adventures?
Click any image to view and share with friends.
Frequently asked questions
- What is WhistleGPS?
- WhistleGPS is an on-collar location and activity monitoring device for your best friend. The device communicates with the Whistle mobile app to make sure you never lose your dog, while providing insights into their everyday health and activity.
- How does WhistleGPS work?
- WhistleGPS uses Global Positioning Satellites and breakthrough cellular technology (Sub-GHz) to locate your dog on demand. This technology enables WhistleGPS to offer the smallest device, longest battery life, and most economical pet location service on the market.
- How much does WhistleGPS cost?
- WhistleGPS will retail for $129, plus a $5 monthly service fee.
- Is there a monthly fee?
- Yes, WhistleGPS has a $5 monthly service fee for location services. This is the lowest monthly fee of any pet GPS tracking device on the market.
- How does the referral program work?
- You receive a $20 credit towards your purchase for every person that pre-orders WhistleGPS using your referral link. The fifth time your referral link is used, your WhistleGPS will be free. In order for a referral to count, your friends must use your unique referral link. Referral credits are based on number of orders, not number of devices ordered. Your pre-order link only works while pre-orders are open. You cannot use your own referral link to place additional orders for yourself.
- How many people can I refer?
- There’s no limit to the number of people you can refer. If you order multiple devices, you can continue to earn referral credits after the first 5. Note: credits have no cash value.
- How will I know if someone used my referral link?
- You’ll get an email every time we award you a referral credit, including a count-down until your device is free (after 5). Referral credits will be applied at time of shipment, as your card will not be charged until then.
- How much does shipping cost?
- Zero, zilch, nada. Shipping is free for all pre-order customers.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Your card will only be charged at shipment, and you can cancel at any time. If, for any reason, you change your mind or have any billing questions, email our support team.
- When will my card be charged for my pre-order?
- Your card will only be charged when your pre-order ships. We will begin shipping devices in 2015, based on network availability.
- When will I receive my WhistleGPS?
- We will begin shipping devices in 2015, based on network availability. Before shipping your device, we will ask you to confirm your order and mailing address. Your card will not be charged until shipment.
- How does WhistleGPS sync data?
- WhistleGPS syncs your pet’s activity and location data with our servers via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Sub-GHz cellular technology.
- Where can I learn more about the cellular technology used by WhistleGPS?
- With 50 billion connected devices to come online by 2020, companies are attacking the space between near-range wireless technologies (e.g., Bluetooth, Wi-Fi) and traditional cellular networks (e.g., 3G, LTE). One example, and a Whistle partner, is SigFox, who provides an innovative, next generation Sub-GHz cellular solution. Learn more about SigFox here.
- How is WhistleGPS different from other location trackers?
- WhistleGPS combines the activity monitoring and health insights of the Whistle Activity Monitor with the most advanced GPS location service on the market. Using next generation cellular networks, we’re able to provide a device that is a less than a third the size of current GPS trackers, while offering twice the battery life at half the monthly cost.
- How is WhistleGPS different from microchipping?
- Traditional microchipping and RFID tags are an important part of pet care, yet a reactive technology when it comes to losing your dog. To find a lost dog using a microchip, a dog has to be found and taken to a vet or shelter with access to the right database with the right owner information. WhistleGPS provides peace of mind with on-demand GPS tracking in your pocket.
- Is WhistleGPS suitable for smaller dogs?
- While WhistleGPS works on dogs of all sizes, the device fits best on dogs over 10 pounds. WhistleGPS is 38 mm W × 10 mm H - the size of an Oreo cookie. The device features an adjustable attachment, compatible with all collars and harnesses.
- Is it waterproof?
- Yes, WhistleGPS is designed to weather even the most active dog’s lifestyle.
- How long does the WhistleGPS battery last?
- WhistleGPS includes an internal rechargeable battery that lasts approximately a week, depending on use.
- Which mobile devices does WhistleGPS support?
- The Whistle mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices. We may support additional platforms in the future but have no plans to do so at this time. You can download the current app here.
- How can I stay in the loop on WhistleGPS updates?
- We will be providing frequent updates to our community of supporters through our email newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to-date on all WhistleGPS news.
- In which countries will WhistleGPS be available?
- WhistleGPS is currently available for pre-order in the US. Support for other countries will be added as wireless networks are rolled out internationally.
- I’m a current Whistle Activity Monitor user. Will my data transfer?
- Yes, you will be able to link your new WhistleGPS device to your dog’s existing Whistle profile. All of your data will be preserved and available in the same app.
- How is WhistleGPS different than the Whistle Activity Monitor?
- WhistleGPS has all of the same great features of the Whistle Activity Monitor with the added benefit of on-demand GPS tracking to locate dogs wherever they are.
- Why didn’t the first Whistle have GPS?
- It would have been impossible to create a product with an adequate size, battery life, and cost using the cellular technology available at the time.
- How can I get help or support?
- Sending a quick email to our support team is the easiest way to get in touch.
- I would like to resell Whistle products.
- We have several great national retail partners and are always looking for additional partners. Please email our sales team here.
- Can I sign up as a WhistleGPS beta tester?
- Yes, customer experience is a priority for us. You may register as a potential tester at our Beta Portal.
- What is Crowdtilt?
- Crowdtilt is a platform for communities to support causes, events, and products. Crowdtilt Open is powering the WhistleGPS pre-order campaign, allowing customers to pre-order without being charged until shipment. Learn more.
- What is Morris Animal Foundation?
- Morris Animal Foundation is a nonprofit organization that invests in science that advances veterinary medicine for companion animals, horses and wildlife. It is a global leader in animal health science, and its funding helps more species in more places than that of any other organization in the world. Since its founding in 1948, Morris Animal Foundation has invested more than $70 million toward 2,000+ studies that have led to significant breakthroughs in diagnostics, treatments, preventions and cures for animals. Learn more.
- Why is Whistle donating 3,000 devices to Morris Animal Foundation?
- Together, the Whistle community and the Morris Animal Foundation are teaming up to defeat canine cancer. For every WhistleGPS pre-ordered, we donated a Whistle Activity Monitor to the Golden Retriever Lifetime Study (up to 3,000 devices). This groundbreaking research program is tracking 3,000 Golden Retrievers to gain insights on canine health and improve the lives of pets for generations to come.